- Code: E0
- Description: Communication error
Communication between the engine controller and the main controller is failed.
- Causes: . Controller gate array defect . Connector failure between the engine and the main controller . Overrun in the engine system, deactivating the progam flash ROM
- Code: E1
- Description: Main motor error
The main motor is overtorqued.
- Causes: . Overcurrent in the main motor circuitry due to an axcessive torque . Loose connector to motor . Defective gate array on the engine board . No response from the main motor due to the defective motor driver (transistor) . Defective overcurrent detector (transistor)
- Code: E2
- Description: Laser scanner motor error
The polygon motor does not deliver a synchronous output (L) within the predetermined period of time.
- Causes: . Timeout in the predetermined period of lead time which the scanner motor speed has to be reached at start up (SCRDY*) . Connector insertion error . Defective gate array on the engine board . Time out dur to the defective scanner motor driver (transistor)
- Code: E3
- Description: Laser beam detection error
Beam detection is failed. The photo detector board does not deliver a synchronous output (L).
- Causes: . No beam hit due to the laser diode defect (PD*) . Improper connector insertion . Soiled/defective beam detector (pin-photo diode) sensor . Defective safety lock . Unoperative gate array input portf
- Code: E4
- Description: Fuser heater error
The fuser heater is not intact due to disconnection or the circuit failure.
- Causes: . Blown-out thermistor . Improper connector insertion . Blown-out halogen heater . Blown-out thermostat . Comparator defect on the engine board . Defective engine CPU (input port) . Defective gate array (input/output port operation)
- Code: E5
- Description: Eraser error
The eraser is blown out or the power supply does not reach to the eraser.
- Causes: . Blown-out LED chip(s) . Connector insertion error . Defective gate array (input/output port)
- Code: E9
- Description: Toner motor error
The toner motor is overtorqued.ash ROM
- Causes: . Overcurrent in the toner motor circuitry due to an axcessive torque . Loose connector . Defective gate array on the engine board . Defective toner motor overcurrent detector
- Code: ED
- Description: Flash ROM error
Checksum is erroneous with the flash ROM.
- Causes: . Data readout error on the flash ROM
- Code: F0
- Description: Front control panel error
Communication is failed between the front panel and the main controller.
- Code: F1
- Description: System ROM error
Checksum is failed with EPROMs on the main controller board.
- Code: F2
- Description: Main memory error
Checksum is failed with the RAM on the main controller board.
- Code: F3
- Description: General failure
Miscellaneous failure with the main controller, other than F0, F1, and F3, above.